Superior Technology For You
At mere 21K bytes, vBar is the world's smallest and fastest Pocket PC Task Manager :o)
vBar is based on the excellent Task Manager WIS Bar version 1.0.4, originally by WIS at http://www.walkers.ne.jp/.
My initial intention is to create something that works with Pocket PC specific feature such as notification. But somehow it turns out like this. I feel that vBar is quite useful as the way it is right now. After everything that is unnecessary is squeezed out, vBar turns out to be the smallest in the world! Wow! In fact, because it consumes so little resource, vBar is also the fastest! So I decided to share it on the web, of course, for free.
vBar certainly has a different flavor than the original WIS Bar. If you need Close and Task Switching in Pocket PC and still want to keep all of the original Pocket PC capabilities such as Notification, etc without suffering any performance slowdown, then vBar is for you.
Some screenshots here.
With default icons
With skin icons
Another one with skin icons
With Memory and Battery Indicator
Configure Memory and Battery Indicator
The lastest version is vBar 2.2.
Downloads are also available in .CAB file format for ARM, MIPS and SH3.
vBar is 100% free and will remain so. Your generous donation to further the vBar development is greatly appreciated.
- Release 2.2
- With yet another major contribution from Jonathan Misurda, vBar now supports Windows Mobile 5 QVGA & VGA icons automatically.
- Fix task list overlapping in Windows Mobile 5 QVGA.
- Provide Tap & Hold option for CLOSE. The default behavior is still CLOSE, not MINIMIZE.
- Battery indicator now looks a bit like battery for easier recognization.
- Release 2.1
- Include VGA icon for Close.
- Release 2.0
- Added VGA and Dynamic Landscape Support. This is made possible by Jonathan Misurda.
- Enable Pocket PC Phone Edition Phone application CLOSE support. vBar will minimize it.
- Enable Battery and Memory Indicator by default.
- Starting version 2.0, vBar will support ARM CPU only. All Pocket PC 2002 or later uses ARM processor. MIPS and SH3 support are included in the setup package but the version remains 1.7.
- Release 1.7
- Fix Pocket PC 2003 Second Edition VGA problem.
- Release 1.6
- Add smooth Landscape mode support.
- Release 1.5
- Add Memory and Battery indicator.
- Memory and Battery indicator is configurable.
- Release 1.4
- Allow easy change of vBar background color to match Pocket PC theme color.
- Fixed OK button issue in German Programme window.
- Release 1.3
- By popular requests, OK button in both Programs and Settings are enabled to allow easy navigation.
- Fixed OK button problem with some third party softwares such as List Pro, etc.
- Change background color is being worked on. Most parts are working. Will be released soon.
- Release 1.2
- OK button should work fine now even in most third party apps, such as eWallet, etc.
- Adjust vBar location a tiny bit to allow both analog and digital clock to display properly.
- Note that there is no OK button in Program or Setting screens. Just continue your tasks. Program and Setting screens will be pushed back to the background automatically.
- Release 1.1
- OK button in Note, Word and Excel is now functioning properly.
- Lower dropdown menu to below task bar to allow faster refresh, and avoid obscuring task bar area.
- Release 1.0
This program is free software. It is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Copyright © 2000 Vieka.com. All rights